Yahtzee for up to 8 players written in TURBO BASIC XL. The texts in the game are in both Czech and English. Code by HardCore.
This new game from BAHA Software is inspired by a rather old edition of the Yahtzee game for four players written by Gary L. Born. Much, much later, in 2016, Fandal modified the game for MultiJoy and fixed bugs that were causing random crashes. No further modifications were been made, so the game retained its original look, feel and playability.
We liked the MultiJoy version of the game and were playing it at several Atari events. However, we had a feeling that the game could use some improvements in terms of playability.
Michael “Baktra” Kalouš suggested an improvement of the game board. As he was busy with other project, he couldn’t work full time on it. That’s why Petr “HardCore” Postava took over the work on the new implementation.
All significant changes:
- Up to 8 players can play the game
- Improved layout of the game board
- Status line with important information is at the bottom of the screen
- The game board is split in two windows. This allows for faster movement between the Numbers and Challenges sections
- Cursor for selecting the dice has been embellished
- Better main menu
- You can select difficulty of the game
- First appearance of the BAHA splash screen
Atari XL/XE, 64 KB RAM, joystick, MultiJoy (for more than 2 players), disk drive.